Attorney - Temp
Telepictures Production is looking for an Attorney (Temp). The Attorney will negotiate and draft contracts, licenses and other legal documents for Telepictures Productions and related series productions with a focus on The Ellen Degeneres Show, branded content, brand integrations and in-show giveaways. Advise company executives and production staff on issues pertaining to brand integrations, contracts, copyright, and other television production matters.
1. Negotiate and draft integration and gift supplier agreements and various other agreements including production, distribution, studio facilities, integrated marketing, brand integration, licensing, location agreements, as well as releases, contract amendments and other documents, as required for television and/or digital content production.
2. Support the planning and execution of integrations, giveaways, games, sweepstakes, contests, giveaways, promotions, and marketing integrations.
3. Support the planning and execution of potential games, sweepstakes, contests, giveaways, promotions, and marketing integrations.
4. Evaluate and respond to in-bound comments, questions and legal claims.
5. Conduct research projects related to past, current and potential future programming.
6. Liaise with client groups, outside counsel, brand representatives and other legal divisions within Warner Bros. as may be appropriate.
7. Performs other special projects and responsibilities as assigned.
Job Qualifications and Experience:
Minimum 3 years work experience performing related job duties concerning this position.
B.A. / B.S. degree in related field or equivalent experience required.
Paralegal Degree or J.D. from an ABA accredited law school preferred
Must be in good standing with The State Bar of California.
Notary Public preferred.
Knowledge of generally accepted business practices.
PC and Macintosh skills in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, & File Maker Pro required.
Excellent communication skills and negotiation skills.
Excellent legal drafting skills.
Previous experience in the entertainment industry.
Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with client team members, managers, brand partners, outside vendors, and all levels of personnel.
Ability to organize and schedule work effectively, work well under time constraints, and handle multiple tasks.
Ability to understand and execute written and oral instructions.
Must be able to devote great attention to detail.