HR Business Partner
JOB TITLE: HR Business Partner
CREATED/REVISED: July 2018
COMPANY NAME: TMZ
DEPARTMENT: TMZ / EHM Productions Inc. and MBLC
LOCATION: Playa del Rey, CA
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The HR Production Partner is the point of contact for all Human Resources and Employee Relations matters for TMZ.
Provides guidance and advice to production executives in handling day-to-day production concerns. Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures as well as federal & state laws. Responds to employee inquiries regarding policy interpretation and serves as liaison between production, production executives and corporate team.
- Determines how to handle and escalate employee relations matters for employees and works closely with TMZ management team, Director, HR, EVP/General Manager and employment attorneys to determine next step actions.
- Adhere to and ensures HR policies are effectively implemented and administered. Gather information re: organizational perspective and impact when needed. Create efficient processes.
- Work with management team and stakeholders on developing process and work in partnership with employees/teams to advise on resources.
- In conjunction with employment attorneys, assist with scheduling and tracking training sessions for employees on the topics of employment practices and compliance.
Perform other duties as assigned.
JOB QUALIFICATION STANDARDS
- Minimum 5 years Human Resources and/or Labor Relations management background required with a heavy emphasis on employee relations (or related experience)
- Media entertainment experience or previous entertainment/studio experience strongly preferred
- Alternative Dispute Resolution knowledge and experience helpful
- TV production experience is a plus
EDUCATION, PROFESSIONAL TRAINING, TECHNICAL TRAINING, OR CERTIFICATION
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent work experience required
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
- Must be able to demonstrate operative knowledge of Human Resources policies, practices, and procedures
- Must be able to exhibit knowledge of federal/state/local laws governing employment issues (i.e. FEHA, ADA, FMLA, wage and hour laws, etc.)
- Must have excellent follow-through and a strong sense of urgency
- General understanding of Microsoft applications preferred
- Must have the ability to interact and communicate with all levels of management and various departments throughout the production as well as corporate team
- Must be able to compose written counselings, summaries and performance improvement plans
- Must be able to utilize diplomacy and adaptability attributes in dealing with senior and production executives throughout the organization
- Must be able to exercise keen judgment when analyzing and resolving employee issues
- Must be able to uphold the highest level of confidentiality
- Must be able to handle pressure of a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to prioritize, handle multiple investigations, projects and tasks at the same time in an organized and effective manner
- Must be flexible, adaptable and resourceful
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and ability to influence key decision makers
Management has the right to add or change duties and job requirements at any time.