Manager, Affiliate Marketing
Telepictures has an exciting new opening to be an integral part of two top-rated, ground-breaking, news-breaking shows on television, TMZ & TMZ Live.
As Manager, Affiliate Marketing you will be the local marketing expert, working closely with Show Executives, Affiliate Clients, Creative Services and Sales to maximize ratings and increase the value of these iconic shows! PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Increase sampling and retention of viewers across key groups and local markets is the primary goal of this position. The position is the primary contact for all local marketing and promotional needs and is the primary liaison between clients, production executives, sales and marketing teams. Building strong relationships, you will optimize TMZ & TMZ Lives performance and enhance the effectiveness of promotion on local TV stations across the U.S.
TMZ & TMZ LIVE
TMZ is the first multi-platform, three-screen success for any media company and stands out as the most-cited entertainment news source in the world. Launched in 2005, TMZ's meteoric rise is based on a consistent ability to break celebrity news. TMZ goes where stars work, live, and play and takes its audience into a world where the reality is even more fascinating than the hype. TMZ breaks the biggest stories in entertainment as only it can with accuracy, irreverent humor and youthful energy. TMZ Live connects interactively with the public across its broadcast and digital platforms and provides a fresh, unvarnished, and honest take on celebrities and their real lives. The TMZ brand is the most trusted, the most talked about, and the highest quality entertainment news outlet in the world.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Responsible for all communication regarding marketing and promotion with local TV stations.
2. Develop and implement initiatives, promotional activities and local support to enhance the performance for licensed series.
3. Ensure effective and brand consistent on-air, off-air and digital promotion of our shows on a local level.
4. Create customized action plans for program launches and on-going performance optimization.
5. Develop effective promotional strategies including sweepstakes, exclusive content for on-air, digital and social platforms and turn-key local ad sales programs.
6. Work closely with local TV station’s news departments to extend promotion through localized stories
7. Send out show’s production information, including weekly listings
8. Travel with talent as needed for promotional tours, market visits, sales events, local publicity.
9. Work closely with research team to identify opportunities and analyze underperforming markets.
10. Track promo usage and ratings performance in all markets.
11. Maintain a frequent dialogue and develop personal relationships with stations while managing and servicing the distribution of advertising and sales materials, program listings, show synopses, promotion feeds, custom promo requests, talent visits, etc. Respond to questions and resolves any problems or discrepancies.
12. Conceptualize and help execute specific station relations projects including promotional campaigns (launch & sweeps), local promotional ideas, contesting and publicity to increase ratings.
13. Evaluates market-to-market research and engages in discussion regarding daily ratings, sweep period plans, promotion frequency, programming/scheduling issues, etc.
14. Work closely with other Warner Bros. divisions, internal creative services and on-air promotion to develop and produce show promotional kits, ads, photography, merchandising and generic and topical promos.
15. Work at the show’s production office, attend production meetings, show tapings and any other show related activities.
16. Liaison with the show’s Executive Producers, talent, publicists, etc.
17. Liaison with Salesforce as it pertains to the assigned shows.
18. Advise on local media plans, including co-op, promotions and paid media..
19. Work with publicity and Digital media to maximize social media presence, assets and tools for local affiliates. Track utilization of social media tools.
20. Manage and process Merchandise requests for local Sales and Contesting efforts.
21. Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
22. Attend conventions and events as assigned.
JOB-RELATED QUALIFICATION STANDARDS
BA/BS in related field preferred
Computer Skills: Microsoft Office, Excel, Powerpoint/Keynote, Photoshop preferred, general knowledge of formats and files of all digital assets (MOV, MP4, JPEG, etc.)
Knowledge of Salesforce, Domo or other Business Intelligence (BI) platform
Experience in a marketing, publicity or creative capacity working with clients or stations.
Knowledge of Nielsen NTI and NSI ratings, DMA Markets and Market segmentation
Excellent verbal and written skills required.
Knowledge of entertainment industry a must; local TV, syndication preferred.
Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced news environment
Deep knowledge of the TMZ brand, celebrities, and pop culture
Great presentation skills with the ability to work well with all departments
Minimum 4 -7 years experience in marketing, publicity or promotional capacity working with high profile shows, clients or stations required.
Must have the ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with managers and other levels of personnel.
Must have ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
Must have the ability to pay close attention to details and understand written and oral instruction.
Must have the ability to organize and schedule work effectively.
Must have the ability to work well under time constraints.
Must have the ability to handle multiple tasks.
Must be able to work independently and meet deadline.
Must be able to persuade and resolve problems in a professional manner.
Must be a team player.
Must be able to disseminate workload properly to other coordinators.
Must be willing to work additional hours when necessary.