Director of Affiliate & Brand Marketing - TMZ
JOB TITLE:Director of Affiliate & Brand Marketing
COMPANY NAME: Telepictures Productions/TMZ
LOCATION: Playa Del Rey, California
CREATED/REVISED: October 2017
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Director of Affiliate & Brand Marketing plays a key part in driving the strategic vision, capabilities and approaches across our TMZ brands. This individual will lead primary research design through to strategic execution that provide insights for the brand and marketing campaigns across a range of products and services. Their role is to combine the attitudes and interests of consumers, stations, users and creative to help planners, researchers and analysts work together to produce effective brand and marketing strategies.
Serve as the ‘thought leader’ in aligning marketing strategy with our business goals and objectives. Serve as a subject matter expert in and outside our organization on all things strategy, especially content marketing, digital and social. Identify high-utility applications and distribution strategies that augment and amplify content. Provide new opportunities for consumers of TMZ to engage longer and deeper with all that we create.
Provide creative direction and feedback to internal creative teams to ensure all is on brand and aligns with campaign strategy. Align closely with research teams to lead series, initiative, brand and other priority consumer insight studies. Provide inventive and innovative thinking to the process to simplify and improve effectiveness and efficiency
- Responsible for strategic vision, capabilities and marketing approaches across all TMZ brands.
- Develop and champion research-based initiatives, promotional activities and high level marketing support to enhance the performance of the TMZ brand on all platforms.
- Ensure effective and brand consistent on-air, off-air and digital promotion of our shows, digital properties.
- Identify high-utility application and distribution strategies that augment and amplify content.
- Provide creative direction and internal feedback to ensure brand consistency and campaign strategy alignment.
- Provide inventive and innovative thinking to simplify and improve effectiveness and efficiency across the TMZ brand.
- Work closely with research team to identify opportunities and analyze underperforming mediums and markets.
- Track TMZ KPI’s on all platforms. Adjust strategy based on competitive and market realities. Maintain a frequent dialogue and develop personal relationships with internal and external clients.
- Conceptualize and help execute brand building projects.
- Liaison with the show’s Executive Producers & Talent. Regularly update key marketing and production stakeholders on status and efforts of brand building executions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Business Management, Marketing, or related field required, MBA preferred
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Content Marketing, Digital Media, or Distribution Strategy working with high-profile shows, brands, network, and clients
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong client relationships and key industry contacts
- Able to maintain focus while working in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of TMZ brand and genuine passion for celebrities and pop culture
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient level PC and Mac and working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
Telepictures productions is an equal opportunity employer.